Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Update

This baby is just the most fun. She becomes more of a joy everyday, even though time is passing a little too quickly for my liking. Here are some things that are going on with her!

Lily has started playing really hard, and the rolling all over the place seems to wear her out faster. As a result, she is napping better, and falls asleep in random places (below). Nighttime sleep is going great as well. [I am knocking on wood]
I can't describe to you how much Lily Mae loves her dad. She watches everything he does, and thinks he is the best thing since breastmilk. Check out that sitting posture! What happens to us over the years?
(Dont try this at home.)
We are back to using the last of our gDiapers. I like them and feel they are as effective as a "conventional" diaper, but hello, they are EXPENSIVE. I havent done the math, but I would estimate that they are easily 2-3 times more than regular (namebrand!) diapers. I would strongly encourage anyone (who is able) to use them! We are looking for cheaper alternative diapers, any suggestions? I cant seem to get motivated to go all cloth, but I hope to... soon :)
Jeremy and I celebrated Valentines Day on Tuesday. We ate Spinach lasagna and fresh-baked bread (made by yours truly) and Lily joined us at the table for the first time. She has had a stuffy nose for almost a week now (her first), but doesnt seem to be feeling bad at all. I have gotten my money's worth from the "booger bulb". Have you ever seen a baby smile while you suction the snot out? Mine does.

Any suggestions on how to speed up the process of getting that congestion to go away?

Here is Lily's first friend, Elijah! For all you Greenvillians, he is Audrey's (of the Batemans) son, and they just moved to Johnson City! Elijah was born 2 weeks before Lily, so they are going through all the same things at the same time and they are cute to watch together. We are so glad to have them here.

3 comments:

Jen said...

How funny and adorable! It is really fun to see their little personalities come out. No, I have never know a baby to smile when getting their nose sucked. She may be setting a tooth?. Addy had a runny nose every time. Saline drops can help to thin the gunk out but I doubt she will smile for those but they have helped with both our kids. You might also try a humidifier too or make the bathroom steamy before a bath. Kiss those cheeks for us. Happy V-day!
Love you three...

Anonymous said...

Casey! She is too cute! I love those pictures with Jeremy...how sweet! Thanks for the birthday wishes and I hope you all area having a great week!
--Alison

beth ewing said...

i was going to give the same suggestions as the first girl. those should work. it's probably teething. as for diapers, what about something in b/w like the seventh generation ones. they are chlorine free and supposedly a ton better for the environment but still disposable. not sure how expensive they are though. just seen them around. she sure is a cutie. i didn't even know audrey was married much less with a baby. that's so fun. tell her i'd love to see her when we're in the area in april.